Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring has arrived! I feel a little lighter, less sleepy and excited. That's right I have a bad case of Spring Fever. I even Goggled my symptoms and as far as Wikipedia is concerned, I have the Fever. I have been thinking over the past few days "How should I cure such an illness?" and a few activities have come to mind.

Not requiring as much sleep and feeling more energised has encouraged me to get back into my gym routine. I have been able to get up a little earlier a few days this week and hit the gym. This feels great and I think its adding to my good mood and high energy levels.

I have also thought "Hey, I haven't seen so in so for awhile, we need to get together." This great weather brings me out of "hermit mode"; I feel a need to get out with friends I may not have seen because of my past few months of hibernation. St. Patrick's Day is a great day to kick off this fresh social mindset.

Shedding a few layers is another way to deal with the Fever (i.e. heavy coats, hats, gloves etc.). Now, by no means am I about to pack away my winter gear yet because you know as soon as I do that we will be hit with a major snowstorm. I have pulled out my Spring jacket and paired down on the layers a bit and it feels great.

The most problematic symptom that currently ales me; is the need to shop. I first recognize this symptom when I begin to see the fresh Spring colours in the stores. Then I start to put outfits together in my head that are just missing one piece, that new piece would make the outfit perfect for the current season. (Ok, I have a shopping problem that is amplified in the Spring and Fall.) From past experience, if this symptom is not taken care of with a good dose of shopping, the aftermath can be devastating.

I know that there are other people out there that are also suffering from Spring Fever. I have seen them out walking their dogs, riding bikes and there are even those extremists who have pulled out the flip flops and shorts.

I am going to spend my weekend curing my Spring Fever, how are you going to celebrate this new season and enjoy your weekend?

0 comments: