Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I am engaged and have been for almost a year now. I was so trilled when by boyfriend of four and half years popped the question. We took a few months to decide what kind of wedding we wanted and what season we would like to have our wedding. I have had all of the "major" items booked for about a year now and haven't done much wedding planning recently, until last weekend.

Now don't get me wrong, I am over the moon excited to become Mrs. Lapier but until recently I was not to fond of the idea of wedding planning. Every time I tried to sit down and check a few items off my to do list I was distracted by other tasks. I was starting to feel a little stressed about the entire situation as I have girlfriends who were engaged over Christmas and were scheduling dates for showers and other important events.

Being the procrastinator that I am, I continued to ignore my stress until I cam face to face with the most beautiful white creation I have ever seen. It was destiny that brought us together at that moment in time. I had shopped at a few other stores and tried on lots of dresses and was even beginning to feel hopeless about finding a dress that I would truly love.

I wasn't planning on dress shopping but I had time to kill before I hit the gym so I went into Elegance Bridal on Front Street. I was greeted by Maryanne who was very helpful, kind and honest. She assisted me with finding a dress that would suite my personal style as well as my body shape. It wasn't exactly how I pictured purchasing my wedding dress (I thought I would have my mom or a friend with me) but it was much easier to make the decision when I was the only person who needed to be satisfied with my choice.

The dress was off the rack so I got to leave with it (amazing for me, a very impatient person). I left the store on cloud nine, I was so excited I sat in my car and made three key phone calls before driving to the gym. I called my mom, Tyler's mom and my maid of honour.

After the gym I went strait to Tyler's parents house where my dress currently resides until I find a tailor for her. Next I was onto the location where I booked the stag and doe. This week I have also picked up invitations for the bachelorette party (which I plan on completing before the end of the week), reworked my guest list, delegated tasks and created and extensive to do list for things that need to get done in the near future.

This wedding planning thing is looking up all because I can visualize myself walking down the isle in my dress. I am glad to share these details leading up to my wedding day and I will be sharing much more when my wedding website launches in the near future.

I will keep you posted on all the wedding details, I am sure its going to get interesting!

0 comments: